- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put flour, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor; process until walnuts or pecans are finely chopped, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle, cream butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar on medium until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Mix on low until dough just comes together.
- Roll dough into twenty 1 1/2-inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheets, spaced 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly with your palm.
- Bake cookies until lightly browned around the edges, about 25 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to a wire rack; let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Place remaining 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl. Roll warm cookies in sugar, reserving any remaining sugar. Return cookies to baking sheets. Let cookies cool 15 minutes, and roll again. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.