- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into long strips
- 1 yellow pepper sliced into long strips
- 1 red pepper sliced into long strips
- 2-3 tri-tip steak
- 1 teaspoon Hot pepper sauce
- 1 c mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 French baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; cook and stir until tender. Push onion to the side of the pan, then add the bell pepper and cook just until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet. No need to clean the pan, just let it heat up a little bit. Place the steak in the skillet along with the pickled peppers. Season with salt and pepper. The steak cooks really fast, just a couple of minutes. Once the steak is mostly browned, return the onion and pepper to the pan. Cook until heated through. Adam cooked the steak on the george foreman grill.
- Turn off the heat, and place the slices of cheese over the top of the pile so they can melt. Scoop the whole pile into the awaiting bread, making sure to pour some of the juices onto that wonderful sandwich.